The Chapter is proud to award $12,500 in scholarships to the following winners of the June 2017 round of the Joel Goldenberg Memorial Scholarship Program:
- Adam Blackwell, UMass Amherst
- John de la Parra, Northeastern University
- Michael Doane, UMass Lowell
- Chelsea Fox, University of Rhode Island
- Jamie Freud, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Daniel Kallin, UMass Amherst
- Aislinn Mulligan, Mass College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Benjamin Plucinski, UMass Amherst
- Erin Shaughnessey, UMass Lowell
- Marisa Sposato, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
The Chapter accepts scholarship applications from graduating high school seniors, undergraduate and graduate students, and professionals currently working in the industry who are pursuing career advancement through continuing education. Applicants – who must be Chapter members – may receive up to $8,000 in scholarship monies during their academic careers based on their academic, extra-curricular and community service accomplishments; and the extent of their involvement with ISPE and the life sciences industry. Since the program’s inception in 2011, the Chapter has awarded scholarships totaling $131K.
The Chapter is currently in the process of converting the scholarship program to a 501(c)3 charitable organization, a process that should be completed by late 2017. 501(c)3 status will enable the program to seek tax-deductible contributions from local corporations and institutions and expand its mission beyond Chapter members.
For more information about the Joel Goldenberg Memorial Scholarship Program or to complete an online application, visit www.ISPEBoston.org/Scholarships