Ask any volunteer why they devote their time and effort to the Chapter and you’re likely to hear, “It’s a win-win. I get to contribute to the Chapter while getting tons in return.” Learn new skills, meet new friends, make new contacts – these are just some of ways volunteering is a win for Chapter members.
On the flip side, the Chapter could not “win” without its team of volunteers. Currently over 150 Chapter members actively contribute their time, effort and expertise on behalf of the Chapter. From simple tasks like writing a blog post to complex projects like organizing an educational program, volunteering offers many options. But every contribution – no matter how small – helps the Chapter achieve its ongoing success. We simply could not succeed without our volunteers! If you’re one of them, we thank you!
And if you’re not, we invite you to have a look at the list of volunteer opportunities below. Each one will take less than four hours of your time, while making an important contribution to the Chapter. So choose one (or two!) and see for yourself how good it feels to get involved. Have an idea you don’t find on the list? We welcome new options for volunteering. In either case, just contact the Chapter office and let us know how you’d like to help. Thank you! office@ISPEBoston.org or 781-647-4773.
Volunteer Opportunities Requiring Less Than 4 Hours
- Assist at the registration desk during an educational program
- Write a wrap-up blog post for a program (250-650 words)
- Take photos at an educational program for posting on the blog
- Return AV equipment and registration desk box to ISPE Office after a program
- Attend the Educational Program Committee planning session
- Write or curate a blog post (250-650 words)
- Make phone calls to lapsed members to remind them to renew
- Assist with an ISPE membership drive at your company (or another local company)
- Greet nonmember attendees at an educational program
- Volunteer on the day of the Show – many different options are available.
- Monitor “contest” hole at golf tournament
- Pick-out decorations for a social event
- Design an event flyer
- Sell raffle tickets at an event to benefit charity
- Write a blog post of interest to YPs
- Write a blog post about the rewards of mentorship
- Bring colleagues to a GO event at a location convenient for them
- Attend a Student Chapter event as an “ambassador” to the industry/society.
- Judge the student poster competition
- Attend the Student Career Workshop and help students with networking skills
- Write a blog post about what you do so students have a better understanding of careers in your field.